View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 03:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Jeffrey for putting it all together. Here's a link to just one article about PD and vision.
Vision Changes | Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF)

I appreciate that someone is at least listening and trying to help. I know I am whining, so please bear with me while I whine some more...

What I am trying to do is maintain as much independence as possible. I am a widow of 24 years so I live alone with two cats in a single wide mobile home. I could never afford living in assistant living, nor would I ever do well in such an environment.

How I believe PD affects my day to day living (as well as dealing with Macular Degeneration). I will see a spot on the floor and without moving, it disappears because my eyes have jumped. It takes me 10 minutes to plug something in due to the double vision and flashing lights getting in the way. I have enough balance so I still bowl. I can see the pins but I can't follow the ball down the alley. I go to the movies but I can't follow the action on the screen. I more or less listen and my friends tell me what is going on. Tv watching is similar....I mostly depend on talk shows because I can't follow the actions. I can't see photos because I have lost depth perception. I can't read my mail because it's often in color or too busy with pictures (yet as you can tell I can read on the computer). One of the worst things to deal with is new packaging. I have a hummingbird feeder. I know where it is but can't see it until my eyes move together to find it and then I can see it. My eyes take a long time to adjust going from light to dark and vice versa, which makes glare a big problem. The list goes on and on.

I apologize for this long whine but it helps just to write it out and hope someone will understand. Believe it or not, I'm usualy not a complainer. Just trying to hang in as long as I can.
Jazziecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote