View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 12:47 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Looking for an advice.

Hello everybody!

First, excuse me for my english. Second, I wanted to share my experience with you.
I am 42 y.o. male. About one year ago I started to feel burning in the wrists and in the ankles on both sides. I also started to feel slight burning on the
left side of the face including the chin. It persisted for a week or two so I went to the doctors.Numerous tests have been done (surely not all possible tests but many of them) and nothing abnormal was revealed. Then the neurologists claimed that my problem is just an anxiety (most of you know well that BS pattern with many health professionals). At that time
I did not resist to the diagnosis (although I was deeply suspicious about it). After all - the anxiety problem is obviously “better” than many of the “real”
diseases. The time kept passing by. Slowly my symptoms kept deteriorating. I started to feel numbness in hands and feet. Additionally, the burning
sensation ascended in all four extremities. After that for a period of 8 months I had the burning and numbness slowly (or not so slowly) progressing.
If it goes on this way - I might find myself seriously disabled quite soon.
That is it about it.
I am really disoriented at the moment. I know for sure that something wrong happens to me but I have no idea what is that. Any additional visits to the doctors only confirm my opinion about the modern medicine: they know almost nothing, they are mainly profit motivated and they don’t really care. The best they can do for me is to name my problem as an “idiopathic” (which actually means “we have no idea” diagnosis).
I have a 4 year son to take care of and I am worried about my future. The disability is slow aggravating (or I just think so) and I feel kinda lost.
Trying to get the answers on the internet is also a bad idea. I don’t have any knowledge in medicine.
Still I want to ask for an advise from anybody who might have an idea about what happens to me. Even more important - what course of action should I take? I must try everything I can to stop or , at least, slow down this pathological process. I feel that in situation like mine any possible treatment should be tried even although there is not any certain diagnosis available at the moment. But how can I explain this to the health professionals ? They need a diagnosis before taking ANY action.And without it they just send me on my way as if nothing really happens. And unfortunately - it does happen. Every single day.
Notsohappy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinkynose (04-20-2017), St George 2013 (04-23-2017)