View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 10:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down

Nan, can you give me any advice on adjusting medication for a long bike ride? My husband and I are going on a cycling holiday in France the second week in May. Our longest day will be 24 miles,and I'm assuming from my hiking experience that I'll have to take a bit more medication.i

With regards to your note on increased activity, I just had an interesting experience.. We went to Telegraph Creek in northern B.C. to help our son start up his birch syrup business. Tapping the trees and then monitoring the collector lines involved trudging up and down a hillside in up to two feet of snow with a lot of deadfall under it for several hours a day. I should say staggering up and down, my balance is getting worse! I just got better and better, my meds lasted longer, and I had very little freezing.

If you want to see a terrifying road, Google Telegraph Creek B.C. Road - it switchbacks up and down a steep riverbank, 20% grades, very narrow road with a cliff on one side and a 600 ft. drop-off on the other

Last edited by wendy s; 04-19-2017 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Error
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote