View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 02:02 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Best wishes with your upcoming psychiatry appointment, Gethprime! I'm an older person. Anxiety is something I've always struggled with... along with a bunch of other mental-health-related stuff. I think anxiety is still a part of what I experience day-to-day although I no longer have anything to be anxious about. I think, after years-&-years of it, my body just doesn't know how to be any different anymore. I meditate, do yoga & walk & these things help.

In addition to anxiety I also have a lot of "generalized anger". I'm just always mad at everything! Plus I have bodily sensations 24 /7 that feel like restless leg syndrome except that I feel it throughout my body. Oh... & I have heart arrhythmia as well... & Meniere's Disease (an inner ear condition.) Otherwise I seem to be in pretty good shape for an old geezer! I not in treatment for any of this.

I'm not on any med's. I do have a psychiatrist I see a couple of times a year, just to keep my foot in the door so to speak. He's been helpful to me a couple of times in the past. He's offered to put me on Klonopin both for the restless leg type symptoms as well as for my anxiety. But so far I've declined.
Years ago, I used to have a lot of heartburn. But that was because I was drinking too much coffee. When I gave that up, my heartburn went away.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-26-2017), PamelaJune (04-22-2017), St George 2013 (04-23-2017)