View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 12:01 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
Notsohappy,

Welcome, but I'm sorry you are here.

Your English is fine and easy to understand, so don't worry.

Your story is very familiar, and many of us know it very well, myself included.

Can you tell us what kinds of things they have tested you for?

Janie

Hi Janie and Pinkynose,

Thank you for replies.

The list of tests is quite long:

MRI brain and then MRI brain + spinal cord, NCS (twice), VEP, SSEP, blood tests like : immunofixation electrophoresis, paraneoplastic autoantibodies, many of other conventional blood tests (like ANA etc.).
The only test which showed abnormality is the one named QST. This showed that I have a diminished sense of vibration and cold touch in my limbs. But it is quite a subjective test and not so widely accepted, I think. And actually it only confirms what I feel for one year already: sensory problems in my feet and hands. The cause is still a mistery.
Of the numerous blood tests there were only several slightly deviated from the normal values:
1) Vitamin D is 23 (which is lower than the norm but not that much).
2) Vitamin B6 - elevated 2 times more than the highest normal value. This one is weird since I never took any B6 supplements. I tried to search for the information on the internet but it is really confusing. The neurologist did not get interested in this result at all. Recently I repeated the test again and the value is roughly the same - 2 times more than the highest normal value.
3) Homocysteine. The result of the first test done 8 months ago was 15.27 (which is slightly more than the normal values). I did the test again one week ago and it was already at 17.3. Homocysteine is one of the markers for vitamin B12 deficiency. My B12 serum result was at 430 about 8 months ago. I did B12 test again recently and awaiting for the results at the moment.
4) My hematocrit level is showing 39 (with 40 being a normal value already).

That is it about the blood test's abnormalities.

Pinkynose , answering your question about antibiotics - you guessed it: I did take the Levofloxacine drug for the infection in February 2016. As I remember there were 10 tablets of which I only took 7. My neurological symptoms started two and a half months after this. So I have no idea if these can be related.

Again , thank you for your replies and wish you all being healthy. Any additional advice will be highly appreciated.
Notsohappy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (04-23-2017)