View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 06:04 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I'm a little concerned that you have had a couple of these occurrences so close together. Sometimes that can happen if there is something going on medically… Are you feeling okay otherwise? Are you still withdrawing from coffee?

I have had to go to PT repeatedly in the past for "tune ups." Sometimes it's because I've had a relapse, but sometimes it's just because I need to strengthen my muscles or correct other problems. When I do PT, I do most of it in a pool. Sometimes I do not even "graduate" to dry land.

PT is different for everyone.

I don't think you had the best PT experiences tho, Bobby. I think you probably were overworked. So I don't necessarily think that you've drained the PT well yet. Maybe you could see some improvement if you went to a place with a pool, or at least where the PTs have a lot of experience with stroke patients who could assess and treat you properly…. when/if you are ready to try again.

That being said, it's likely that you will have to deal with some kind of limitations because of the stroke. I know that it a really hard thing to accept, and I'm really sorry, Bobby
But I think that you are right, and should speak with your neurologist about this… about what you should expect, and should do, going forward. Your leg did improve more than she anticipated, and there is a chance that you may get better still…

Please be careful…
Love to you
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-24-2017), Dmom3005 (04-24-2017), Mari (04-24-2017)