View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 02:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey there HG :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
When I was in the process of getting a diagnosis for my neuropathy, I decided to go to a neurosurgeon at Weil Cornell. I couldn't move my neck and had very little use of my arms for 6 months. My autonomic nervous system was severely ill, and I had neuropathy through out my body. Since it all started in my neck, I thought maybe someone could fix it. I have herniations at c5-6-7, mild compression, some stenosis, so I made appointments with some big shots to see what they could do.

The first one looked at my MRI, and said that there was nothing he could do, and that my discs couldn't be responsible for so many of my symptoms and that they were not severe enough to fix.

The second opinion guy said the same thing and also told me not to let any surgeon touch my neck. He said that some would and this is not the answer.

So, I just want to let you know that I think as long as you stay away from those "spine center" businesses, go to a big city academic center doc and then go for a second opinion, you'd be safer. I think the doctors who know what they are doing are sure when they should operate vs the ones who just like to cut.
I totally agree with 2nd opinions ! And more if needed

I don't live very far from Atlanta so there are many options there....Emory and Piedmont are both there.

No cutting on the neck unless absolutely necessary and maybe not then. lol

Thanks,

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote