View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:34 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygopetalum View Post
Well now I feel like that little short lady in the Poltergeist movie.. "This Computer Is clean".

Thanks to Tom I learned many strange and wonderous things such as how to run as an administrator, temporarily disable my Avast and I made my own restore point.

I ran Farbar Recovery tool, Adware Cleaner and Junk File Removal tool from Bleeping Computer and now its running well. I seem to have had a lot of Adware.

I was wondering why Malwarebytes had only been scanning around 80k objects when it regularly looks at 250k+, it was doing that and now is scanning more again. Does some malware disable part of it? It did that once before as well and then I think started doing more when I finally got rid of some PUPs.

Thanks to everyone and the forum as well, aside from being expensive its even hard for me to get to the computer shop with my disability and no car so I appreciate the help I get.
That short lady is Zelda Rubenstein (dont know if I spelled it right). Some files have multiple parts inside them. That may be why. Also if your main hard drive(OS) is on an SSD and not the normal HDD, the SSD drive will scan far quicker than the spindle HDD. But if you decide to defragment it. Dont do it on an SSD, it will shorten its lifespan.
Gethprime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zygopetalum (04-28-2017)