View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

First, athletes are driven to get back in the game and take risks when they do. You don't hear about the symptoms they may still be experiencing.

After such a long recovery, I am surprised you have not taken any steps to moderate your life. Alcohol is not recommended other than a serving or two. One can live a normal life with moderated alcohol consumption. Getting drunk is definitely not a good idea.

A concussion is a process. Moderating your life for the first few days or longer is highly recommended. After the original impact symptoms, many do not experience concussion symptoms for a few day but overdoing it can bring them on with a vengeance.

You may be bringing on your symptoms with anxiety or just have a delayed onset or a combination of both. As I've said, little anxiety can magnify concussion symptoms.

You need to find low stress activities to keep your mind occupied. You should not be sleeping more then usual and you should be sleeping at the usual times.

You would also benefit from treating your brain like it has been injured. It needs proper nutrition. The Vitamins sticky has been helpful to many. Stay active with low stress tasks.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote