Thread: Facial pain
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 10:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
Hello Joanna,

As a survivor of Trigeminal Neuralgia, it doesn't sound like TN to me but I'm not an expert or a doctor. My TN consisted of random severe electrical shocks in my right cheek, right pallette and right side of my lips. Once you experience it, you'll never forget it. As the TN Wiki says, "Worst pain known to man". There are 2 types of TN, Typical and Atypical. Mine was Typical and I suppose you might have Atypical but from I've read most people with Atypical have burning sensations in their gums and pain like a severe toothache. Most people have TN on one side of the face or the other but there are a very small amount of people that have it on both sides of the face.

You can read more here....

Facial Pain, Trigeminal Neuralgia

Here is a link to the Wiki page.

Trigeminal neuralgia - Wikipedia

Thank god there was surgery called MVD (Microvascular decompression) available for me but as far as I know it only helps people with Typical TN. Literally saved my life.

Not sure if this helps.....
Thank you for your message and the links. I agree that at this time it isn't likely to be the trigeminal nerve. The pain when it attacks is constant and although horrific I understand the lightning shocks from trigeminal neuralgia are unmistakeable.

I'm really pleased you have relief from this horrible thing following the procedure. I appreciate your take on this, thank you
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote