View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 03:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Who else is being denied care?

A month ago I was denied all of my pain medications by workers comp even though I was awarded lifetime medical and have had CRPS since 1996. Since 2005 I have been prescribed Duragesic Patches and Norco for breakthrough pain and that has worked for me. After a family member helped me out by buying 2 weeks worth of my patches and wearing them longer than I should, I am at my wits end. Really surprised that under the workers comp section on this forum there aren't more people sharing their stories because my attorney tells me this is happening to many people. No new posts in that section since last year. I will also post over there. In California the horror that is Independent Medical Review and Utilization Review that I have read about is now happening to me. I see a pain management dr who told me in January that he is "holding up the white flag" and giving up fighting workers comp for his patients, reducing their medications and proceeded to reduce my patches from 100mcg to 75mcg. Not because I received the treatment he requested, lumbar blocks and a radio frequency ablation, but because of pressure. Also I have caught my dr's office making quite a bit of mistakes on my paperwork to workers comp such as incomplete and inaccurate information. I am actively seeking a new doctor. According to workers comp the dr office failed to provide a random drug screen result, then when it was requested again the office sent one from another patient. I haven't received copies from workers comp even though they are cc me at the end of their letters to my doctor and I plan to discuss this with my attorney tomorrow. I end up asking the dr's office to make a copy for me of anything they received from workers comp so I know what is going on. My fault for not pushing that point earlier. Just drained lately from the stress of it all and the financial end of it. This is the first dr's office where at least 70% of the time I see a Physicians Assistant and the Dr the other 30% of the time. My adjuster actually called the PA and requested that my medications be reduced in February according to the copy of the letter from workers comp to the doctor, and further states that the PA agreed. How can a physicians assistant make that determination? At my next appointment a few days later the PA said that my adjuster had called her and asked for a copy of my CURES report (which is against HIPPA regulations) and a drug screen result. The PA never said anything about discussing my medications. So who do I believe and if workers comp says they are denying me my medications because the doctors office failed to forward a requested item, do I go after the doctor or stand in line to try to fight workers comp somehow or both? I am wearing old patches and that trick will be up tomorrow when I figure out how to magically come up with 420.00 or end up in an emergency room. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
bunnehead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote