View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It depends on what symptoms you are trying to treat. Your fall could have caused a whiplash event. Not all chiros or physiotherapists have the same skills or perspective. Same goes for osteopaths. I strongly believe in chiropractic but have only found 1 in 4 chiros to be of any benefit.

But, I don't think you current struggles are as related to the fall as they are related to over-doing it by celebrating. Chiro will not fix that.

In my view, you first have to decide to take part in your recovery. The Easter weekend celebrating can put many with PCS into a long struggle.

Working outside and off the ground when there is snow and ice is also high risk. Ladders and cold weather and ice do not mix.

I still do everything I did pre-PCS. I just do it with more care. My reactions are not as reliable so I don't go near stability risks.

In my experience and observation, improvements need to be looked at over longer periods of time. Two weeks should be the minimum time. "I've felt better for a week." is meaningless. No change, either up or down, means much in the short term.

I think you need to give yourself more time and take charge of your recovery by moderating things. A good rest period before and after the training week would have been good. Many of us take it slow to bank mental energy for stressful events and plan on needing a restful or low stress period afterward.

If you see a chiro, try to avoid getting a 'twist the head and pop the neck' treatment. They are usually too aggressive for the subtle neck injuries we struggle with. They can make matters worse. Gentle traction and mobilization can be much better.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote