View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 06:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi ArtBrtain,

Just like you I was in a auto accident and had post concussion syndrome. It took me a full yr. to get over the concussion but I have noticed since the concussion my short term memory isn't that good.
In regards to sound and light you may be what is called photosensitive and audio sensitive now which means certain sounds and certain colors are firing up the neurons in your brain.
My advice to you is to see a neurologist or better yet a Epileptologist who specializes in both epilepsy and TBI. Have them do a special e.e.g on you where they will flash different color lights and make different sounds during the test and then they can see what sounds and colors are firing up the neurons in your brain and causing the problems.
Take my word the fish oil won't help you at all. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day, the B12 helps calm the nerves down. Cut back on caffeine and do not use anything with nutra sweet in it like diet soda because the nutra sweet will fire up the neurons in the brain and that can cause a lot of headaches.
You may want to ask your Dr. if you can go to pain management for help. I had to go for a short time and the Dr. gave me special types of tests along with therapy to reduce the pain. A lot of the problem is do to the swelling of the brain and possible bleeding that happened. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote