View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
If you're using Mirilax, you can put a funnel (I have a tiny one) over your glass and measure your dose over it and into your glass or bottle so it doesn't go everywhere. If you don't have a funnel, you can make one out of a paper or plastic cup. No mess.

If you're using mag. citrate, buy any flavor EXCEPT lemon-lime because it's the worst and the hardest to get down. I find it's easier to get down if it's really cold and if you drink it with a straw. I alternate with water.

I did a Mirilax colon cleanse (14 doses divided into 2 bottles of Gatorade) last night. Even with the 2 bottles of mag. citrate I downed two nights ago it wasn't enough to get me back to a healthy place- FORGET about cleaning me out. I have enough Mirilax and Gatorade left to do the colon cleanse again, and it's easier to stomach than the mag. citrate, so I think I will do it again tonight. Usually I skip a day between putting myself through things like this, but I have a big problem on my hands that will only get worse if I wait.

You would think the Miralax colon cleanse and the mag citrate would be enough for you to get back to things moving along.

I did try the straw and keep the mag citrate in the frig; but still is hard to get down. Unfortunately, I did do the lemon when I had a colonoscopy a few years ago. I was sent home after getting to the hospital because the stuff you have to drink the day before and in the morning for the colonoscopy wasn't enough to clean me out to do the test. I had to return a few days later and had to do a 2 day cleanse, along with the mag citrate (I needed to take a colorless so that's why I choose the lemon. YUK !!!

I get easily impacted too because of my pain meds. The only way I found to keep things moving along is taking 3 heaping doses daily with a 4th dose in between. Can't miss a day or else I am in big trouble. I usually pour Miralax into the pink cap over the sink and go above the line to make sure I have more than enough.

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-27-2017), Dmom3005 (04-28-2017), Mari (04-27-2017), mymorgy (04-28-2017), OhKay (04-28-2017)