View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:31 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Here's how I handle the "everyday variety" knocks to the head.

If I didn't give a bump a second thought pre pcs I work real hard to dismiss any symptoms from a post pcs bump, they are anxiety.

What you could tolerate pre injury most likely you can tolerate post injury without injury.

That being said I do look after my head, maybe just as I look after and take reasonable care of my heart.

I took a real solid shot from a 20 pound anchor I left on the ski platform, it fell off and flew back into my boat while traveling at 26 mph, busted my head up pretty good. I am familiar with the mental paralysis that occurs when my head is bumped, waiting for days to make sure I don't head back down a dark road.

Comparison to those "everyday variety" pre injury bumps is the way I found to combat that anxiety.

That doesn't mean the tendency to have anxiety flair upon head contact has gone away much as I wish it would...what it means is I have a tool to recognize anxiety and activate my pressure relief valve so to speak. That allows me to carry on my day without to much concern.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote