View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 01:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Exclamation You are not alone

I am so sorry to all of you. I know how difficult it is working with WC. It has set me back in my path of healing.

I was denied all treatment after a second IME contradicted the first WC IME and basically said I strained my arm and that I am exagerating my symptoms. I was told by my case manager he specialized in CRPS and even wrote a book about CRPS. I actually believed them and let my guard down. Big mistake. I find it difficult to get into specifics. I am so glad my husband was present. At one point we both decided to stop the exam and he reminded us we needed to complete the exam or it would be an automatic denial of coverage. We also had to ask him several times to slow down as we could not understand. He said "this is how I talk".

I have worked full time with no restrictions for 25 years same employer. I have had CRPS since 2003 and had a work related injury mid 2015 that brought it out of remission. Before my work related injury, I had pain around a 2 some days and have learned how to manage my multiple symptoms and meds. Post work related injury my pain shot up to 7, 8 and 9 and has spread. The second IME physician was unethical. My primary demanded I report him. I have been unable to work and applied for SSDI and was granted coverage first try with no lawyer.
My husbands work insurance has covered most things, but we now have a new insurance that refused to pay for my acupuncture, for example, because there is no proof that it works for CRPS. They covered multiple nerve blocks and would agree to SCS but not acupuncture that has been the only thing that drops my pain just enough to get out of bed. Medical science has failed chronic pain patients. I have to gear up to fight, but am so drained from pain and insomnia, I have made little progress. I have a lawyer after the second IME. The second IME has caused a sort of PTSD. Just awful.

Please stay strong and don't let these b******* deny our treatment. I am not giving up.
Rain shower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (04-28-2017), bunnehead (04-29-2017), Hotfoot53 (05-01-2017)