View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 05:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Mad Would like to hear your experiences

A month ago I was denied all of my pain medications by workers comp even though I was awarded lifetime medical, have had Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome for 20 years and am under care by one of the doctors I am allowed to see. In an effort to connect to others in my similar situation, I arrived at this site. Really surprised that there aren't more people sharing their situations here because I have read workers comp patients are being denied care left and right with the Independent Medical Review and Utilization Review set up. Can you imagine the impact we could have if we all decided to fight back together?
In California the horror that is Independent Medical Review and Utilization Review needs to receive more attention. I see a pain management dr who told me in January that he is "holding up the white flag" and giving up fighting workers comp for his patients, reducing their medication without prior notice - in my case not because I received the treatment that my dr stated I needed - but because of pressure from workers comp.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar that you would like to share?
bunnehead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote