View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
Gerry, I was never very religious but I did very much believe in a god and that things are not just random but there is a plan and reason even though it is not clear at the time. Unfortunately I have come to believe things are just random and mostly just luck, or in my case, lack of. It took much for me to pray but I was that desperate and for just a moment considered taking my life as this is no way to live. I wonder if a higher power heard my prayers. I want to believe that. It is a lonely existence without a belief and faith in something.

Even with opioid pain meds deal with 24/7 pain. Along with other issues; the burning ankles and feet and leg pain makes walking difficult.

AA really helps people to believe in a "higher power". Although my daughter's choice of drugs was Cocaine; she prefers going to the AA meetings. She continues to go even tho her sobriety has been years. She feels you can never hear the message often enough; especially when she has her "moments", she knows she better get to some meetings.

Thankfully, my faith is very helpful to get me thru each day. I have a little magnet on my frig; it reads "Before you go to sleep, Give your problems to God....He is up all night anyway. Another magnet reads "God is never more than a prayer away.

BTW: Those magnets were given to me by my daughter.

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (04-29-2017), SecondChances (04-29-2017)