View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 08:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can only talk of my own experiences with single payer. It's been that way for *many years* in this country, many many decades. It eats up taxes like no other! For sure, don't let anyone tell you differently.

I still think it is a better system, and do think the US is miles behind, but it's not perfect.

I still have to pay OOP (out of pocket) for a lot of things, even though it in fact *should* be covered by a system such as this when we are taxed 40/50% of our income.

Due to the social system being burdened in the last couple of years, a number of medications have come out of the insurance system, to be fully OOP for the consumer (such as cortisone nasal sprays) -> liberal Minister of Health!

I certainly hope this trend doesn't continue.

A number of years ago, the liberals wanted to privatize health care, ie render it over to insurance companies, like the US model. Needless to say, they did not get re-elected, and lost in the election *big time*. That is how ingrained single payer is here.

I do think Bernie had great ideas! But... it wasn't meant to be. Alas.

You guys can be almost grateful (boy how bad does that sound) that Obamacare isn't yet done away with. If that helps you any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
Info about single payer: How much would Bernie Sanders’ health care plan cost the middle class? | PolitiFact

An Actual Doctor Debunks 7 Myths About Single Payer Healthcare :: Politics :: Features :: Healthcare :: Paste

Misinformation About the Cost of Single-Payer National Health Insurance | The Huffington Post

One of my online acquaintances just published a book about the issues. An American Sickness: How Healthcare Became Big Business and How You Can Take It Back: Elisabeth Rosenthal: 97815942�6757: Amazon.com: Books

Currently I have 3 insurances, WC, Medicare, BCBS supplemental and two prescription insurances. Despite this I am not getting the PT I need, nor am I getting my LDN paid for or getting it with a co-pay. Imo this is theft. I never minded paying for insurance that I did not need for more than four decades, I was grateful that I was healthy. Now I need help and I cannot get it, despite paying through the nose.

Regarding the tax implications, please read Bernie's plan.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bunnehead (05-01-2017)