View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
To get back to the issue of WC and lack of treatment. My point is that as long as we have multiple insurances it puts the injured in the predicament of being a tennis ball batted back and forth between them. It is in WC's best interest not to treat, even when your doctor prescribes treatment, you an injured and weak person are put in an adversarial position-forced to fight for your needs.

I do not have the wherewithal to fight them. My stamina is low, I have just enough to do basic activities and drag myself to the gym. I cannot imagine taking on anything else.

It would be interesting to know the estimated mean cost for a year of WC, plus other insurances. We are paying for this, it is our money, we have a right to get care.
This is where I am currently at...just too weak physically and mentally to fight much as it takes everything I have to get through each day...there's nothing left in the tank anymore. I currently am dealing with 3 insurance companies all denying treatment or benefits. I have 2 attorneys (one for work comp and one for disability) and I am trying to decide what to do about my regular health insurance because as much as I want to fight it and appeal...I just don't know where THAT energy is supposed to come from. So do I continue to fight to get better or do I just accept that this right now is as good as it will be until the other attorneys see what we can work out from WC and disability because without treatment I cannot work...I can barely manage to take care of myself day in and day out. Drs should be making treatment decisions...not insurance companies...but unfortunately that is not how it works right now.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (05-02-2017), bunnehead (05-02-2017), Hotfoot53 (05-01-2017)