View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 09:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default DBS A Patient Guide to Deep Brain Stimulation

I jumped on the DBS bandwagon after my new neuro told me that it was my best option at this point. Of course, you have survive the qualification rounds, one of which is a trip to the neuropsychologist. He told me a lot of disturbing facts such as DBS causing 18 times greater chance of suicide than normal regardless of previous mental state.

He also loaned me a book that proved to be a very useful source of information called "DBS A Patient Guide to Deep Brain Stimulation" by DBS experts Sierra Farris, PAC and Monique Giroux, MD. I found it on Amazon and recommend it here in case it hasn't been mentioned before.
Born 1948. Diagnosed 2011. DBS ON 7/17. Taking cd/ld 200 MG at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm. Finasteride 5 mg, Life Extension Mix and Once-Daily Health Booster, Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ, Optimized Curcumin (longvida), Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol, Vectomega-3, Vit D3 5000U,Lithium orotate 5 mg, AMPK Activator, Kefiran, N-Acetyl-L- Cysteine (NAC), Tri-Magnesium, Advanced NeuroPro, Duozyme,
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Updated 9/21/17.
GerryW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (05-02-2017), badboy99 (05-03-2017)