View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

SilenceIsSacred,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your struggles.

It appears you need more help with your emotional responses that the actual physical symptoms. Yes, tinnitus and hearing are big issues but, if pred helps, that means there are still basic functions. If you had lost the basic function, the pred would not have allowed your hearing to return to balance. So, the goal should be to find ways to get that balance back without the pred.

There are anti-inflammatory diets that some swear by. They can reduce tinnitus for some.

You may need to consider quitting the weed. Your break could be a cumulative effect of the weed. Some have experienced such events. Prior anxiety/depression etc. can contribute to psychosis, etc. from weed.
Anything that alters brain chemistry is suspect when there is a head injury. If you smoked weed to reduce anxiety, it suggests you already were sensitive to anxiety. A concussion magnifies that sensitivity.

Where there any things going on that helped trigger your event ?

Maybe some CBD with low THC (60% CBD, 3% THC in one strain) would be OK.

Hemp oil can contain high levels of toxins/herbicides/insecticides, depending on the source.

I doubt much could have been done in the psych hospital to treat your concussion. Any dangerous symptoms would have been noticed. Plus, the drugs used to settle a patient can mask or mimic concussion symptoms.

Do you have your medical records from the hospital so you know what meds they gave you ? It would be good to have such records.

You would benefit from finding a therapist/counselor who can help you sort things out and plan a way to move forward with your life. Many of us live with tinnitus and other persistent symptoms. I've had it for decades. Right now, my tinnitus is much louder than the fan in my laptop.

You need to accept that you will be riding a roller coaster of symptoms for a while. Learning to recognize triggers will be a big help. Doctors are not much help. We need to listen to our bodies and brains and learn how to take care of ourselves.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote