Thread: This is Weird.
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 08:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Poetist,

I can't answer all of these questions. I might be able to answer some.

I have participated in clinical trials and research studies. Sometimes they are paid. Sometimes they are not. Most of the studies I participated in were not paid. I was happy to participate, knowing that I might help medical science. Since the studies were related to health issues I had, I hoped I might help towards better treatments for people suffering from those same health issues. Sometimes I learned things that also were helpful to me during the studies, and I received additional medical care in the process most of the time.

Maybe it is possible that the product you received was the contrast used in the procedure, although it seems like they would have told you first if they were trying a different product than usual. Usually they use contrast containing iodine, which shows up on imaging but is nontoxic. I think they would have to get your approval before the procedure if they were going to administer a different form of contrast. I suppose you would need to contact the hospital if you have additional questions. I'm sorry about the potential loss of medical information, too. That sort of thing is worrisome. I hope it is just misplaced, and will turn up soon.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (05-08-2017)