View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Good to know you refused meds. A common psych med is a benzodiazepine (Valium, Ativan, Clonazepam, Diazepam) used to calm down the patient. They are counta-indicated after a concussion. It's good to not have to worry about such a med making things worse for you.

I recommend dropping the turmeric and finding a concentrated curcumin extract with pepper extract. There is very little useful curcumin in turmeric. You'd have to consume a large volume of turmeric to get a therapeutic dose of curcumin.

Add a B-50 Complex and B-12 (methylcobolamin) and D-3. Magnesium (not oxide) is also needed.

You may be low in serotonin. A 100 mg 5-HTP may help.

Excessive sleep is not good even though it seems to help with the tinnitus. Quality sleep at normal times is important. The brain needs to maintain its normal sleep cycle so it cycles through all of the stages of sleep. REM and slow wave sleep stages are important.

The PCS brain needs good stimulation for good blood flow. Excessive sleep counters this. You need to find a way to keep your mind mildly active. It will also help with your anxiety if you have productive things to keep your mind occupied. This is also a good way to tolerate tinnitus.

The concussed brain is often very sensitive to chemicals, good or bad, so be careful what chemical you introduce to your brain. btw, There is no research that supports that PMG supplement. I'm not saying it's bad. Just no research says it does what it says it does.

Social support can be a challenge. Most people have a hard time understanding PCS and can often discount the struggles of PCS.

The sounds of social settings can make tinnitus worse. My tinnitus is real bad this morning and my right ear just started a second higher frequency. C6# (1100 Hz) in my left ear and something higher in my right like an E6 (1300 Hz). But, the best way to deal with it is to learn to ignore it or stay distracted.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 05-03-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote