View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Question PCS exacerbate pre-existing depression and anxiety?

I have had 4 concussions, 3 in under three years and 2 were within 8 months. The last 3 were due to passing out, which I tend to do if I have nausea. The reason for this is being worked on by seeing a neurologist, and ENT, and my primary care doc, since none of them have any idea why this happens. So anyway, after this last one (happened in March), it wasn't resolving fast enough according to primary care doc (I asked how long it should take and he didn't know). From there went to neurologist had neck and brain MRIs. I have issues on my right side is where I hit my head and the nerve in my right arm is being affected by an issue with my neck BUT the scans came back normal and I was told I don't have PCS. However, when I talk to the nurse or doc they make it sound like it do (nothing like making me more confused). I also tick virtually every box for PCS.

I know one of the symptoms that have been found with PCS is that it can cause psychological problems, such as depression and anxiety. I have had both for a very long time and the day after I fell I had an anxiety attack. Both conditions seem to be kicking into high gear since the fall. When I've asked if the concussion could exacerbate my conditions I'm told no but it seems like they don't really know.

Has anybody else run into this? To me it seems if it can cause the condition why is it impossible for it to bother existing conditions?

Sorry for the wordiness.
Thanks
KathrynR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote