View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

There are a lot of things you can do to moderate your symptoms by moderating your environment and activities. Concussion does magnify all of your pre-existing conditions so things you thought you were dealing with are now overwhelming you.

Many who never had problems with depression or anxiety, especially anxiety, have serious problems with them after the concussion.

Do you take any meds for your anxiety and depression?
What do you do to moderate your depression and anxiety?

Many have experienced the ride you have experienced over the past few months. Unfortunately, even if you have a good recovery, chances are you will still have a predisposition to relapses to this roller coaster ride when triggered by a fall, illness, emotional stress and such. Learning all of the coping skills, moderations, and such will benefit you long term.

The most important skill to learn is the discipline to stop to think. That means reducing the stimuli and distractions so you can focus on the task or thoughts at hand. We cannot function in the busy and chaotic environment that was the norm in the past. I had to stop, close my eyes and turn off any sounds to think. That took over a year to get past. I still need to stop to think.

If you have some situations where you struggle, feel free to share them and maybe we have some insights.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote