View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

fl591176,

I would not personally have any anesthesia or dental surgery that soon after having a concussion. It is best to speak directly with the oral surgeon who you are scheduled with for the extractions about the incident and concussion this week, so that if need be you can reschedule the appointment. Do not speak to the receptionist or the dental assistant about this, speak with the surgeon directly.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl5911176 View Post
Hello! I got a concussion on Thursday, April 27 and I am scheduled to have my wisdom teeth removed this coming Thursday, May 4. My only symptom is a mild headache. If I recently got a concussion, am I still able to go under anesthesia?

ANY help or feedback at all is appreciated, the appointment is coming up quickly and I need to decide to cancel it.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote