View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 02:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jeff,

It's all so weird and so complicated and very hard to explain.

When I first open my eyes in the morning, my white ceiling is covered with large blue dots as well as the flashing stars. Later those dots shrink to pin size. I never see a solid color any more. The dots are ALWAYS there but I have learned to mostly ignore them. When my eyes are extra stressed, a different pattern appears...it is as if I am looking through a cyclone fence....but this is not constant, but the flashing stars are.

If I see a truck going by, I can't see what company it is even though the letters may be huge. If it's a U-Haul truck for instance, I'll see the U-. Then my eyes adjust and I go to the next letter or two. Obviously I am reading here, so I can see. But my eyes can't adjust to take in the entire name. Same with people's tee shirts. I can make out one or two letters at a time, but if the person moves. I am lost as to what was printed on the shirt.

I don't drive but depend on cabs. I can barely make out if it's my cab or a car because the glare stops me from seeing, or if it gets dark, the street lights glare too. My eyes don't adjust and that's why I think it's a PD problem more than macular degeneration.

How can I read regular print but can't see what's on a big truck or car?
Jazziecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote