View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 10:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default EGM/Nerve Conduction Results

Hey my friends.

Well I had the same doctor I had 4 years ago to conduct the study. I'm guessing they contract and travel and I was not happy to see him. He's smart but also a smarta** !

The results state the right wrist has progressively worsened and the left wrist is still mild.

I am concerned with the fact that the swelling I have on the outside of that wrist has nothing to do with carpal tunnel per him. Hmmmm

No large fiber neuropathy ! Yeah ! Other than some deep aching pain I've never had trouble with my legs.

He did tell me he has just been to a conference on Small Fiber Neuropathy. He said that with my dx of Severe SFN and basically no A or C Fibers that my nerves may never recover. He said they had some studies that showed improvement when people exercised vigorously for a year but it was pretty much hit and miss.

That's that. He did say I needed to get carpal tunnel surgery before too much longer or my muscles will not recover. I'm thinking that will be a fall project !

I see the neurosurgeon on May 25th. Just want to make sure nothing in my neck is causing my arm and hand problems before doing carpal surgery.

My daughter says carpal tunnel can affect your whole arm but I haven't looked that up. When I use it took much the pain crawls up to my elbow and then to my shoulder. Sucks

Take care everyone,

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote