Thread: FCE Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 08:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you guys. I wanted to reply yesterday but my hands have been in a severe bone crushing flare since Wednesday night.

The functional capacity exam isn't for treatment or even diagnosis. The reason I needed to get one was so that it will serve as a form of "proof" for the courts/insurance companies on how the pain impacts my ability to function and perform tasks...ie...work. There is no test that can measure pain...but a functional capacity exam is (supposedly) designed to assess a person's ability to work and perform tasks.

I definitely went all in and did the best I could but an paying for it. I haven't slept more than 2 hours since the test because the pain is just awful...but my hands are by far the worst. I have to email the therapist who did the test every day for 3 days after the test to update her on my condition...so that is supposed to be included in the report as well.

Fingers crosses...the report that we get helps prove our case to the insurance companies so that I can get the benefits that I need.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (05-05-2017), Littlepaw (05-10-2017), RSD ME (05-05-2017)