View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 05:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default our experience with Nuplazid

We were offered this drug, and are taking it as part of a two-month trial. We were told it takes two months to see a difference. I have read that for many PWP, it has worked wonders, and I was hoping we would be in that category. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be helping us. We hallucinate every day, multiple times a day, with delusions thrown in for good measure. Day, night, light, dark, makes no difference. There hasn't been any reduction in the hallucinations and they are actually more frequent, as in, all the time. Would things be worse if we weren't taking Nuplazid? Hard to know, but for $2000.00+ a month, I would expect to see some kind of improvement. Also, FYI, you cannot get this drug just anywhere: it has to be a specialty pharmacy and they are very few and far between, so they ship you the drug.

When our two months' trial is up, we will not continue taking this drug. I think the New York Times had an article about Nuplazid and if I remember correctly, the article was cautioning against too much hope being placed in the drug. Do your research so that your expectations are realistic. Some people do great on it, others not, and still others do well but cannot afford to take it: even with insurance it might run $900.00/month. That's a lot of bread and butter
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeffreyn (05-05-2017)