View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 09:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Debi,

If you remember, I mentioned this procedure in your 'how is everyone' thread. An ENT I saw wanted to perform this procedure on me. My doctors talked me out of it due to possible complications (I'm on blood thinners from stroke history), and immune deficient, so infection risk is high.

My understanding, is that they literally break the bones in your nose during the procedure to expand the openings. There is also warnings online about doctors that perform this procedure in their office (the ENT I saw wanted to do it this way...late in the evening). I don't see this ENT anymore, and the new one I have is great and helped some of my issues with a sinus rinse combo of antibiotics and steroids. There are structural issues with my sinuses that cannot be fixed. I have had 2 sinus surgeries, and it's these surgeries that are the reason I have so many problems (they took out WAY TOO MUCH tissue). Every ENT I have seen has said my previous surgeries are the problem.

If you decide to undergo this procedure, make sure you have it done IN a hospital, not the office. Also, ask lots of questions about how it's done. Just be informed. it is good you're asking here, but also go to ENT forums and talk to people there.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (05-06-2017)