View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 02:13 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Probably should have clarified that I was only on prednisone for 6 days and now for 8 a month later and that'll probably be it. I felt good on prednisone overall and in fact sometimes better than good as some people feel. 20mg/day is a relatively low dose.

Some of my symptoms have been getting better over the last week, including:

- Tinnitus - less frequent and intense overall and not activated when smoking weed or listening to relatively loud music as much
- Sleep has been noticeably better most nights
- Few nightmares or unwanted lasting dream impacts
- Fewer concentration issues
- Somewhat less anxiety, and anxiety amplified less by smoking weed
- Less intense and less frequent headache
- Less prone to crying

The effects are still there, but at just before the 2 month mark I think I am feeling somewhat better finally. But as I said, the muffled hearing is scaring the living crap out of me right now.

Appreciate all the replies. Any support and encouragement helps. And yes, the worry and fear about my future is the worst part of the situation. Were God to drop down and inform me that all this was temporary I would be able to just relax and ride it out.

I did find this, can't post links so you will have to google it. ---

Quote:
Head injuries are sustained by 5% of the population annually.

The incidence of hearing loss shortly after mild head trauma in the literature ranges from 7% to 50% (Fitzgerald, 1996). This range is very large, and we think, not to be relied upon.

The literature suggests that recovery occurs in from 3-9 months in most individuals, but that symptoms persist for more than 1 year in 10 to 15%.

Patients with head or neck injury may also have loud and disturbing tinnitus (Folmer and Griest, 2003; Segel et al, 2003).
The author is Timothy Hain, a professor emeritus of medicine at Northwestern Medical School. Other than this I can't find any real statistical type statements.
SilenceIsSacred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote