View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 03:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Advice on managing concussion anxiety?

Hi,

Today I woke up around 4am because for some reason my hand hit myself in the head with enough force that it woke me up (why that happened, I don't know, maybe it was part of a dream that I was having or something but it's never happened to me before). I felt somewhat anxious mentally, but I was able to go back to sleep. When I woke up a few hours later, I felt fine physically, but I started to think about what had happened and anxiety started to kick in.

Now, about 6 hours after I woke up, my heart is racing, I have a really strong headache, I feel dizzy, and I can't keep food down. Basically, I know almost for a fact that I didn't hit myself hard enough to cause damage, and yet still can't control the anxious feelings. In fact, when I try to control them by trying to stretch or meditate, they just seem to get stronger. I feel like concussion anxiety is like a unique kind of panic attack, something that can last for hours or even days. Does anyone have advice on managing it, or on preventing it from arising in the first place?

Thank you so much.
red90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote