View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I wish I could remember what I did when he had the fever the next day after the infusion. I just cooled him off. I remember that there was a leaky bag and the infusion was done quicker than usual. I remember going to my local pharmacy and buying him tylenol. And the pharmacist told me that when a fever is over 101 take ibuprofen. That much I remember.

Alan's fever went down with the tylenol. I didn't call the doctor because I go on these boards and asked every question I could ask. Everybody helped me out. So I didn't panic. I knew what to expect. It was a "strange infusion day", that's how I would call it. But he was fine in two days.

During his most recent infusion, he had what we thought was a cold but might have been allergies. But he tolerated it fine.

His next infusion is this tuesday.
I don't see any change at all. But his neuro says it has helped his balance, so I, of course, defer to her judgement.

So if you are going tomorrow, I would not worry about it. Take two tylenol (that is if you haven't already taken some), and try and go to bed. Drink fluids and rest.

Tomorrow your doctor will ease your mind.

All the best, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote