View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The concern with about loud music has nothing to do with damage to hearing. It is about over-stimulation of the auditory nerves that can cause tinnitus. 80 dB is quite a bit of stimulation. The concussed brain has far less tolerance for sound stimulation.

The issue with weed is simple. THC has very minimal value to brain health. The research shows that the therapeutic value is at very low doses, equivalent to one drag/puff of a marijuana cigarette. The neuro-protective value comes from the CBD. The best value comes from ostly CBD with a small amount of THC.

You have repeatedly commented about weed causing anxiety. As you say, that is a well known concept. But, the research says that those who respond to THC with anxiety are the ones who are at risk. Not all brains tolerate THC and the other active resins the same. "But I think the anxiety is just being overwhelmed by my situation in general, and the weed is amplifying issues which did not used to exist until the concussion hit."

I wasn't implying that you are prone to psychosis. I was just attempting to combine your comments so that is considered. Again, the research suggests that there are some who tolerate weed without issue and there are those in who it can trigger symptoms. For some, a bit of THC has an anxiety relieving affect. For others, it triggers anxiety.

Concussions are very well known for causing the brain to be very chemically sensitive.

My comment about Hains related to how many chiros see the hearing issue as likely an upper cervical injury and use his comments to support that. Hains did not do much actual research. Instead, he looked through the literature and reported on snippets of others research.

btw, Your comment about your struggle to get quiet as the cause of your psych break suggests an auditory issue may have preceded your break and hitting yourself in the head. Have you had any vascular imaging of your brain ? Like a SWAN MRI ? Maybe you suffered a vascular injury that resulted in your break or from the injury ? A SWAN MRI can show fine detail. Maybe it can image the structure around the auditory nerves.

You should consider whether your issues are from the head hits or if they manifested before the head hits and triggered your struggles that resulted in the head hits.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote