View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 02:02 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Many different therapists can help you. You need to find the one with the right experience and skill sets. A neuro rehab hospital may have a referral for you.

From all of the times you have related a contact that manifested as concussion symptoms, it appears to me that none were of a level to cause a concussion. The mind can do strange things. All you need is to start the response to the contact with the wrong thought and your mind will react like it is a concussion. A minor vestibular challenge or emotional surprise can be that trigger. I have posted before that the brain can memorize symptoms and play them back with a simple suggestion.

Maybe you just need to surrender to the idea that hits will happen and that you will move on past them, regardless of severity.

There are many concepts to consider. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Another version is "If you're going through hell, keep going."

None of these hits will stop you unless you let them. Many of us have had serious injuries and eventually moved on. My first was in 1965. I was hospitalized for 4 days with slurred speech. Bud was much worse.

Sure, we have struggles, some daily, some infrequently. But, we keep moving forward. Some of us have Christian faith that tells us to keep moving forward trusting God to hold the pieces together.

When you first started on NT, you were much stronger. But, as you learned about others struggles, you appear to have taken them on as your own. The power of negative suggestions has burdened you. You need to find a way to break free of those burdensome thoughts. The key thought to overcome is, "Did I just cause damage to my brain ?" You suggest the idea of damage with that thought. Replace it with "Ouch, I need to be more careful with my movements." or something else that does not suggest a negative outcome.

It sounds to me like the startle caused you to jump or jerk. Then, you let your mind throw out the idea, "Did I just cause brain damage with that movement ?" Do you see how bad that simple thought became ?

I wear a hat due to sensitivity to bright light so I hit my head on things frequently. My response it to remind myself that I need to be more careful.

Head hits happen. They always have. They always will. And, it will be a very rare situation where they will cause damage. Even then there is nothing one can do to change the outcome other than to not obsess about it.

So, work on a new response to replace the "Did I just cause brain damage? irrational thought.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote