View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I haven't seen them all yet, but he's certainly got what appears to be a bit of an eye blinking tic happening there.

I was thinking about your Neuro not bringing up Tourette's at this time. There were a couple of children in my son's year 1 class who had transient tics. Transient motor tics are actually pretty common in preschool and elementary school children and they usually only last for a very short time and go away completely. I remember learning something about that when i was looking for info. about my son years ago. Had something to do with rapid brain development at that particular age. Tics are not uncommon for some children who are on autism spectrum either you know.

Having said all that, it sounds as if you have a good Neurologist and that she's being cautious and careful and thorough. Can't beat that! It's tricky getting it all sorted out sometimes when there are other things going on, e.g. the Sensory issues and other things.

I hope the EEG goes well. Not long to wait for that. You also have other children which as strange as it sounds probably can help you sort out a few things about your son especially if he's the youngest and you'll have already observed how the other children played and developed. At this point in time I'd wait to see how the EEG goes and then if you're worried about more than tics, then it'd be wise to look into evaluation for developmental disorders of childhood which might involve more than one person.

He looks as if he's a lovely, happy, little boy. It'll all get sorted out soon, Dawn. Hang in there and don't worry too much. You have a good doctor taking care of him by the sound of it too.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote