View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I am glad you are being cautious....

Only because you are adding the patch at the same time...I don't know what other meds you are on, but this could enlighten you...
http://www.medicinenet.com/fentanyl_...em/article.htm
I can say that I've not 'added' a new med to the IVIG process, nor do I know of anyone who has...IF and when I do add new meds, it's usually between week 2 and 3 after an infusion. That is so I can keep 'things' like side effects separate.
It IS good that you are seeing your doc for a follow-up after the infusions [warning! He will probably want to take more blood to see if Some numbers have gone up [as they should] and that other numbers in your blood haven't gone klafooey! [honestly, here aside from the liver functions and white counts, I've not figured out the others?] A good doc will monitor you closely for a few months...and then you go on 'maintenance'....with quarterly then longer check ups..
Think of the achi-ness as a way of your body saying those little immuno-globulins are going to work! I know for me that they've had lots and lots of previously undiagnosed STUFF to work on...and they have really made the difference in keeping things from getting, well, downright horrid. Horrid is NOT a set of issues anyone here wants to deal with! Truly!
I dunno, but adding the 'patch' and the IVIG all at once is a LOT for any one body to deal with! Just my opinion tho.
Those headaches tho, aren't they amazing things? You sort of want to put that head [and maybe other parts] into a simultaneous heat and cold pak chamber? Or, WHERE are the 'magicians' knives going IN now????
They do pass tho...Hope you wake up with them GONE tomorrow! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote