Old 05-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
Mrs. D is the purpose of RALA for use in neuropathy to stop deteriorating nerves or to help them grow? I think I'm a little confused on this. From what I have read the RALA stops deterioration and the hemp seed oil rebuilds the nerves due to the omega 3 and omega 6. Am I understanding this correctly?
I hope you don't mind me coming back and asking questions. I had to step away from the group due to a family illness.
No one knows what lipoic acid does in the body. Most of the studies involved diabetic neuropathy, but they are not numerous.
What I find on searches is that lipoic acid is thought to be an antioxidant. There is alot of speculation, but it is just that. Omega 3's work as anti-inflammatories, and also to help rebuild myelin covering nerve axons. But C fibers (sensory) have no myelin. The other 3 fibers that are sensory and proprioceptive have differing amounts of myelin though.

Repairing myelin also takes B6, B12, and folate along with the Omega-3's.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote