View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 07:54 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Advice for managing/best treatment options for pcs

Hey,

I'm a 19 year old student from Ottawa, Canada, currently 3 months into pcs from my 5th concussion. Here is a timeline of my concussions:

May 2014- horse-collared tackled in a rugby game, unconscious for 5 sec, recovered in less than a week (smoked some weed right after the game, not sure if it contributed to my rapid recovery)
October 2016- tripped, fell and hit my head on the side walk, went out drinking with friends the next night thinking I was just hungover, took 3 weeks to recover
Janurary 9, 2017- fell off a chair and hit my head, took a little over a month to start feeling back to normal
February 21, 2017- jumped in a low ceiling basement and hit the top of my head
February 22, 2017- the next day, thinking I was just tired, played basketball and got smoked in the head with the basketball (my luck), 20 min after i was gripped with intense nausea and headaches

Suffice to say 3 months later I am currently suffering from the following symptoms: *indicates symptoms that are most pressing for me
-throbbing headache and dull constant headache*
-occasional sharp pains in the back, front left and front right sides of my head
-extremely sensitive to sounds* and somewhat to light
-head feeling fragile and sensititive to touch
-anxiety towards wanting to work/make money, go to school and live like a normal 19 year old
-extreme fatigue**
-neck pain*
-very strained eyes**
-sore lower back

I'm still so confused and shocked that such light impacts on my head can cause such debilitating symptoms, anyways when can I expect to start feeling better and what are some ways to manage symptoms, as well as treatment options that have worked well. Thanks so much, it feels great to write all this down somewhere. Zack
zackf613 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote