View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am SO sorry...I know what you are going though but desensitization did help me enough to make things (usually) bearable.

I have found that light weight clothing that applies a constant touch to the skin is easiest. I really suffer with looser flowy things because those occasional brushes and touches of loose clothes send me into overload. If the touch is constant and consistent then at least I can cope with it most of the time. Sometimes of course...no matter what I try...I just can't have ANYTHING touching my skin and that is not conducive to being out in public...lol.

I do find that sometime in those situations...putting in ear buds and listening to my flare up play list (instrumental music) can actually be very helpful. Not sure if it's just a way of refocusing my mind away from the pain...but it helps. Only with the earbuds in though (like literally blocking out every other noise)...it doesn't work when I just play the music on a speaker.

I also have found that when I follow the 4 Fs diet closely...it decreases the inflammation and then my allodynia is usually better as well (not gone...just a little better). The main way I know it's better is because when I cheat...it goes up significantly. Cutting out caffeine has made the biggest difference believe it or not and that was one of the hardest things for me to do.

I hope you are able to find something that works for you because I know how bad this can be.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (05-10-2017), RSD ME (06-11-2017), ShaggyChic_1201 (05-10-2017), shelbie4u (06-12-2017)