View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Hi Jappy!

I'm hoping to get on this drug as well. I see my Neurologist at the end of this month and plan to talk to him then about it. My WBC count has been very low since taking Tecfidera.

I hope you'll let us know how you're doing on this new med. It's the first thing that's come along in quite a while that's given us any hope. I pray that it's a winner for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappy View Post
I know I have been missing for awhile. But have been peeking in at times.

Things just have not been going to well. I have agreed to try the new drug that is out now OCREVUS (ocrelizumab)

First week 4hr. infusion 2nd week 4hr infusion then it will be once every six months. But like everyone of these meds you get a little nervous when reading the side effects.

Now just have to wait and see what ins. will do and what other help is out there it costs $65,000 for one infusion. If they don't get me in some kind of program that takes over the price I guess I won't be doing it. Today they took 7 vials of blood for different tests. Will let you know what happens.

Jappy
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (05-10-2017), Jappy (05-11-2017), nemsmom (05-10-2017)