View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 10:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I finally got to see my new neurologist today and to my surprise, we are trying a completely unexpected approach.

First of all, he does not think I am experiencing visual hallucinations due to PD. Not to say that I am wrong about seeing flashing stars/lights, just that it's not due to Parkinson's. What may be the problem is the carbidopa/levadopa. What he is having me do is to reduce the carbidopa gradually over the next few weeks until it is eliminated while increasing the amitriptylene back to .75 mg per day. He also believed it is possible that I don't have PD but Essential Tremors, for which he has other options to try. But first we will see how I do with the new regimen.

He was pleased that I had weaned myself off the Selegiline. It could very well be the reason why I developed high blood pressure (today was very normal for me 124/74). He stopped prescribing that med years ago when it didn't prove as effective as advertised. I absolutely did not want to be on the BP medicine and had stopped taking it with my PCP's permission, thus getting rid of several side effects that had developed.

I am very pleased with my new doctor. He is someone willing to work along with me to find a solution.
Jazziecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (05-10-2017), jeffreyn (05-09-2017)