View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 10:21 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
zack,

Living like a 19 year old after suffering a concussion then another is why you are struggling so. The weed did not help with your recovery. Only the CBD part of weed helps and most recreational weed has very little CBD neuro value.

A common characteristic with all of your concussions is they all had neck injury components. This is often a big part of the cause for headaches. Neck strain with the related muscle spasms can cause headaches.

The worst thing you did was play while symptomatic.

So, first, you need to decide to take your brain serious and give it a rest. Non-stress activities to keep good blood flow without adding more risk will be important. Good quality sleep at normal times (quantity does not make up for quality).

Most of your improvements will come from your discipline. Your neck needs good sleep posture/positioning. Your brain needs good nutrition without any toxins. Caffeine, alcohol, THC and such are toxins. No loud music and moderated exposure to excessive auditory stimulation will help.

It is best to get as many days in a row with minimal symptoms. Avoid the temptations to push it just because you had a good day. When you have had 2 weeks of good days, you can slowly start increasing your activity and stimulation level.

If you do not take care of your brain and neck, you may end up taking months longer to start getting better.
Thanks, I just have a few questions regarding what you said.
What is considered a good sleeping position? (I have terrible posture I think)
As far as eye strain, what can I do to reduce it?
My face and neck seem to be at a fever temperature level, although I don't have a fever, any ideas why I'm 'overheating'?
zackf613 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote