View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 12:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddouglas View Post
I have RRMS, though my cousin has PPMS and has excitedly been waiting for Ocrevus to be released. After the reactions I had with Copaxone and Plegridy, I am vervous about any injection or infusion especially if it in your system for 6 months...
Have been in the study since 2013. Have two infusions per year. 2 weeks before each one I have blood work, sometimes some testing (eyes, concentration, memory, dexterity, mobility). Seen by two neuros, questions, then good to go. Infusion takes several hours - start with Benadryl and ibuprofen, then it steroids, then ocrelizumab. First infusion I got really itchy. Nothing after that except I'm super tired afterwards (likely the bendryl still on board). Usually have trouble sleeping that night (steroids). Then I'm just fine. I sometimes have a nap during the infusion. Usually have the infusion on a Friday and by mid-sat I'm back to "normal". Cannot have any infections or serious colds or they will postpone as it knocks out your system and you won't be able to fight. Have noticed a few more colds/sinus problems since, but nothing major.

No change in disease progression, other than the fatigue has gotten a bit worse (though I've gotten fatter and older so who knows). Best result - last MRI had no new lesions!
AlwaysLateMommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bddouglas (05-11-2017), tkrik (05-15-2017)