View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Did your symptoms return during a seasonal short day length time? (shorter sunny days of winter?)

If so you might investigate light therapy designed for SAD--seasonal affective disorder.

When I was still working long hours before retirement, I often went to work in the dark and came home in the dark (long days) and started to really feel awful at those times. The light therapy worked very well for me and I still do it each autumn...but I don't need it for as long as I used it at the beginning.

This is the visor I use:
FeelBrightLight.com – The World's smallest, most convenient light therapy device. – Feel Bright Light Deluxe

I notice that the price has come down quite a bit since I bought mine. I keep mine on a trickle charge and it still works after several years! I have avoided antidepressant drugs using this light source only 20 minutes in the morning, on the lower setting.

Some of your symptoms suggest to me low thyroid functioning. So if you haven't had thyroid testing, I'd get that done too.

There are light panels that will sit on a desk or table, and some of them today are quite good. Just Google "light therapy for SAD".

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (05-23-2017)