View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

zack,

Forget about CBD as the solution. It may help but will never be a broad solution. There are too many aspects to a concussion.

There is NEVER going to be a magic pill for concussions. The research shows that the key time period for any effective treatment is the first 24 to 48 hours, sometimes 72 hours. If proper protocols are not followed during this time to stop the cascade of damage, that damage can go many different directions.

The treatments discovered in research are too expensive to be used by every concussion sufferer in hopes that they will help the 15% who do not recover spontaneously or without treatment. That means you would have to treat 100 people to benefit 15 people. The problem is that most people do not seek professional help after a concussion.

I've had 14 concussions. I've only seen a doctor for 3 or 4 of them and only one right away because I was knocked out and bleeding profusely from my face and hands.

Even if CBD did have a broad application, the therapeutic dosage is high. Maybe there could be a day after concussion protocol that uses high doses of CBD for a week.

DavOD, What is your daily total dose of CBD ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote