View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 07:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'm so sorry you have been feeling that much allodynia. It's a truly wicked curse.

For me, doing the antithesis of the R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) works best. If I let my legs be still too long, wear any kind of compression, or rest my legs up above me even for a little bit, I start to feel more allodynia. I think we all at this point know how evil ice is (in case you don't, it is).

I make sure to work out a few times a week. I think if I don't move enough, fluids or inflammatory chemicals or something build up in my knees. At first it was just practicing learning to walk again. When I was regaining movement I would go into a position until just before it hurt (my CRPS give me a tingle/staticky warning bell) and then back off. At first it was only getting me about 10 degrees on an exercise bike, but now (2 years practice) I'm doing full front splits!

A lot of people/injuries use compression to assist this but I find that makes things worse for me. Kinesiology tape helps like a miracle for this. After seeing the impact, I looked it up and found a blog of another CRSP fighter in the hospital getting hers put on. It assists movement and possibly improves blood flow. Kind of a mystery how it works but it does.

For clothing, I agree with everyone else, comfy fabrics that don't move a lot are the best. For work I have the dress pant yoga pants by BetaBrand. Regular slacks hurt like hell but these are a huge improvement. If I try and wear long skirts that hurts too, so I stick mostly with the dress pant yoga pants.

And back to the rest thing for a second, I cap my drives at 30 minutes whenever possible. If I go over that, being still so long creates that deep throbbing pain.

I hope this helps!!!
whiteaa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (06-11-2017)