View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You could have more than one thing going on with you.

I went to a medical seminar when Prozac first came out given by
Eli Lilly. There was a psychiatrist giving the talk. He made a statement that was very illustrative of how dismissive doctors can be of their patients. He said when confronted with a patient giving a long list of symptoms, (he called this the "organ recital")
just prescribe an antidepressant, because that is all that is needed.Then began the discussion of how tricyclics are so much more toxic than SSRIs and to switch patients to Prozac now.

I have never forgotten that day...I lost much of my respect for doctors then.

Dry eyes, nose mouth etc can be from OTC drugs, RX drugs and certain vitamin deficiencies. There are papers on PubMed about dry mouth responding to lipoic acid, and biotin. There is a poster here who had painful dry mouth and found relief from
a dopamine agonist used for Parkinson's!

You can get dry mouth from extreme fear or anxiety, which is an adrenalin response. But that usually is temporary.

I think your symptoms are very mixed. To blame "depression" is lazy and perhaps not helpful.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (05-13-2017)